Saturday, September 3, 2016

What If

The South Dakota State Fair is going on right now.  It's only right that we should go on this day - our 11 month anniversary.  After all, it is the reason that I came to SD two years ago, thanks to an invitation by a farmer who lived in the middle of nowhere.

Wow, two years.  It hardly seems possible that my life could have changed so much in that short amount of time.  But, change it did! Sometimes I wonder what my life would look like if I hadn't decided to tour the midwest in 2014.  What if I went to MN but stayed there with Margo instead of hitting the road? Or what if I would have turned down Joe's offer to meet and go to the fair with him?  Or what if I had never gone to Ireland? And what if Maureen was still alive?

I don't like to spend too much time dwelling on What If.  I'd rather believe that this is where I am meant to be and everything happens for a reason. Because the truth is that I will never know what would have happened and, in the end, it doesn't really matter anyway.




No comments:

Post a Comment