Thursday, November 5, 2015

1st Month Down

One month married! And we're still talking to each other.

The farmer has been harvesting corn since the wedding. His routine - he gets up around 6, has breakfast then heads out. He comes home for lunch then goes back out until dark, in time for dinner and bed. I, on the other hand, have kept busy with cooking, laundry and unpacking. Oh, and sleeping in.

Now that harvest is over, it's time for projects. The house was built in spring '13. Being the craftsman that he is, Joe had the frame built and planned to do all of the inside carpentry work on his own. He has done a lot on his own but there is still much to do. I feel fortunate to come into the process at this stage as there is room for my input and taste. Whether its about hanging pictures, landscaping or furnishings, he is open to my ideas and I am grateful for that. I just need to come up with some. So glad there's Pinterest!

No comments:

Post a Comment